“Anything simple always interests me.” – David Hockney
Any dessert recipe that can be labeled as “one bowl” is a hit in my book! This is also a recipe where no mixer is required – ahh the simplicity! These cookie sticks taste delicious & are very moist. Plus I love that they’re a bit more creative than the average cookie. It’s always fun to mix things up once in awhile & these cookies are sure to impress without taking up too much of your time to make them!
Separate the dough and roll out each piece into a rectangle.
Press chocolate candies into the dough. Then bake at 375 ° for 8-9 minutes.
When I made these I got about 40 cookie sticks, but you can experiment with the lengths you want of the sticks to yield more or less.
- Yield : 40 cookie sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the canola oil, both sugars, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Divide cookie dough in half.
- On a nonstick baking sheet (or a parchment lined baking sheet) shape each dough half into a rectangle, about 3 inches apart.
- Press chocolate candies in top of dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes and then cut into strips.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.