Adapted from, The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger
- Yield : 4 servings
- Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a paper towel and let it drain and thicken in the refrigerator for at least four hours and up to one day.
- Discard the liquid from the yogurt and set aside the thickened yogurt.
- Process half the raspberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer the puree to a fine mesh strainer and strain it into a large bowl, pressing the liquid out with a rubber spatula.
- Discard the raspberry seeds and whisk in the confectioners' sugar. Stir in the remaining raspberries.
- In a chilled medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks are formed. Gently fold in the yogurt, then fold in the raspberry mixture.
- Spoon the fool into glasses and chill, covered with plastic wrap for at least 1 hour and up to one day.
- Serve each with one ladyfinger cookie.
Nutrition Facts (from The Food You Crave): Serves 4 (serving size - 1/2 cup) - CALORIES 240, FAT 7g (MONO. 2g, POLY. 0.4g, SAT. 4g,), PROTEIN 7g, CARBOHYDRATES 40g, FIBER 1g, CHOL. 62mg, SODIUM 85mg.