“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
Nothing else quite gets me in the spirit of Valentine’s Day than Hershey’s Kisses!
It’s hard not to love Hershey’s Kisses – am I right? These little treats have been around for quite some time and with each new flavor that is introduced they seem to get better and better. I still prefer the plain milk chocolate, but I certainly can’t resist the chocolate & caramel combination!
With such an outstanding reputation, you can’t go wrong by pressing a Hershey’s Kiss into a chocolate cookie. It’s easy, delicious and a definite way to win over some hearts this Valentine’s day!
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup (1 stick), softened
- Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Egg Yolk - 1
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- Baking Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 2 teaspoons
- Hershey's Kisses - 20
- Sprinkles (optional) - 1/4 cup
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl until combined.
- Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture in two additions until combined. Add milk, one teaspoon at a time, to help dough stick together.
- Flatten dough into disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in sprinkles (if desired) until balls are completely covered. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and cool 1 minute. Press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
- Yield: about 20 cookies.