Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, January/February 2012
- Yield : 4 servings
- Combine balsamic vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, minced shallots, brown sugar, garlic and olive oil in small bowl. Place 4 (6oz) chicken breast halves in a zip-top plastic bag. Add vinegar mixture and seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from bag; reserve marinade.
- Place marinade in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to boil. Boil 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; divide mixture in half.
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil; swirl. Add chicken; saute 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with half of vinegar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from oven, brush with remaining vinegar mixture and serve.
Nutrition Facts: Serves 4 (serving size 1 breast half) CALORIES 320 FAT 8.9g (sat 1.5g) SODIUM 510 mg